The Marriage License;

You must have a valid California marriage license for me to perform your wedding. If you do not have the marriage license at the ceremony, I can only perform a commitment ceremony which is not legally binding.  There are no exceptions. 

click below for information on how to obtain license:

Certified copy of Marriage License;  To get a certified copy of your license you will contact the courthouse where you obtained it once it is filed. They sometimes include a document explaining how to get it, or you can walk in and ask the clerk for one. It's best to call them if you are unsure. I will let you know once its filed or received by the clerk, it is available anytime after it is filed. 


Fees; Ceremony fees are required to be paid prior to the ceremony. I prefer to have this done by two weeks prior to the ceremony, unless other arrangements are made. 


Officiant gratuity; always appreciated not required.


When do I  arrive?  I arrive thirty minutes to one hour prior to your ceremony. I will let you know when I arrive. 


Clothing; I normally wear black slacks, a black officiant blazer and a solid shirt. If you have a color preference, please let me know and I will do my best to accommodate.


Edits; If you would like to add or remove anything from the ceremony, you can do this up until the day before the wedding, just let me know and I will be glad to accommodate. It’s your wedding and I don’t want you to feel that you missed out on anything. 


Actual Ceremony Time; The actual ceremony time is between 15-20 minutes


Founder, Wedding Officiants of America

  • Facebook Social Icon


The Officiant Directory


©2020 by Donna Lynn - Officiant - San Diego Ceremonies